Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Justin says...Stressed out - literally

Well it's finally time to get back on the saddle. I figured I'd take 4-6 weeks off of training just before the last A race of the year - St. George marathon (3:10 goal). Why you may ask? It's simple...my fitness was at such a high level I decided training was not needed. I'm sure I can simply roll out of bed and cruise to a sub 3 hour marathon. Easy as pie, right?

Yeah, right. I wish this was by choice...you might have thought I was clinically insane with that training plan, but at least I'd have been able to run around my padded room. Instead, I can't even manage to run down the hall right now. I think someone mentioned something about a drunken horse?

If you haven't guessed it, somehow, I've managed find a way to give myself a stress fracture in my lower left leg. Oh yeah, that's right, I'm out of action for 4-8 weeks, and St. George was only 5 weeks away at the time of the injury. PERFECT TIMING. Kiss that 3:10 goal goodbye...I'll be lucky to even finish.

Needless to say, I'm none too pleased right about now. At least the NFL season has begun to take my mind off of the lack of training I'm doing. Maybe I can be like the New England Patriots in week 1 against the Bills, and pull out a miracle. That's my only chance in St. George...

I'd write more, but I'm too busy stressing about how the he$# I'm going to keep from snapping this leg at mile 12. Man that last 14.2 will be a long way to walk...

Good luck Michelle...cheer me on at the finish line!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome time on Michelle. They do have states that do not get as cold as UT- Florida, Cali... So Tri season is only over in UT. Justin you are going to rock in St. George it's in your system. Just be good and stay off the ankle for the next 2 weeks. Right! You no way. Now how long was Brady out?!

    ReplyDelete