Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Justin says...

We've all heard those three words of encouragement - "Break a leg". As you can tell from my prevous posts this is pretty da$% relevent to me right now...and I'm not happy about it. Ten months of planning, preparing, training, and it comes down to the fact that my leg is still far from 100%. I've run 1 mile in the past five weeks. So do I plan on running the marathon? Hell yes I do!

I mean, why not? Last race of the season, leg is feeling "better", insert lame incoherent reason here, etc. It makes perfect sense for me to give it a shot. Yes, I hear you...I'm like the alcoholic justifying why he needs just one more drink at the bar. I'm sorry, I just can't help myself. I'm addicted to the race day atmosphere. I love it, I crave it, I need it...would someone please get the bottle away from the crazy drunk guy?!

I know...I know...it's pure craziness, but I'm determined to get through this. What doesn't kill us will only set the healing process back another 8 weeks, or something like that.

So to all you crazy people like me, a little piece of advice. Get another round, it's last call...err wait...good luck on your next race. Do as I do and "Break a leg".

Go get em Michelle. Next stop...BOSTON.

No comments:

Post a Comment