Monday, August 31, 2009

Michelle says...the good, the bad, and the broken!

My Dear Jutin has a stress fracture! He's limping around the house like a drunk horse. He is absolutely distraught about the whole matter. The Doc said it was caused to "overuse, which is common in runners." Yeah for him. He should be back in the saddle 3-6 weeks. We do have a B race coming up in 3 weeks (Daybreak Olympic triathlon) that he will hopefully be able to do. It has been bitter-sweet for me. I have been doing enough training for the both of us. This past Saturday I completed a 20 miler, followed by a 23 mile bike ride with a friend and then went hiking with the family (4 miles) on Sunday. Ohhh and did I mention that I get to do most of the running around the house, chasing kids, fetching this and that, and so on? I know I would not trade places with Justin for anything. It sucks to be side-lined. This will be a test for both of us.

Happy healing Honey,

Michelle

1 comment: