Thursday, August 13, 2009

The dreaded taper! Michelle says....

Justin in the kitchen. Look closely those are garden tomatoes which he used to make homemade pizza sauce! Very healthy, immune-boosting and delicious! Love the apron Honey!


I really have a hard time tapering for a big race. I feel lazy and a little sluggish. I heard somewhere that during a taper you are more likely to get a cold (knock on wood). I've been lucky this season to not have contracted any colds or the flu (knock on wood again). I attribute it all to training and eating right. During training your immune system is working very efficiently. I also believe that you are constantly "flushing" toxins out of your body during a hard sessions. Combine that with taking in a ton of fluid (h20) and its no wonder why athletes are less likely to get sick (K on W). So there you have it. I hate to taper for the above listed reasons. Two days to go!! I'll try not to worry myself sick!

1 comment:

  1. It's Justin the cook! :))

    Good Luck on not getting sick Michelle!

    ReplyDelete