Monday, July 27, 2009

Spudman

Before (with E.L) and after with Justin









Michelle says...

Spudman was like that song "Hurt so good." The swim was great except for the fact that me and E.L. were in the 5th wave which set us up for a 90 degree run. I was out of the water in 16.56 which was way better than I'd expected. Of course it was a down stream swim so I won't get too excited about my next Olympic triathlon. When I got out of the water I felt like I weighed a ton! I just kept thinking "get this wetsuit off of me!" I ran as best as I could while yanking my cap and goggles off (2.13min for T2) and then onto the bike. The course could not have been any flatter. All I have to say about that is there is not a shortage of potatos in this world. Everywhere, everywhere there was nothin' but potato fields. Well there was a farmer who yelled "welcum' to Idaho!" So this race was deffinetly not USAT- talk about drafting! I never thought I would hear the word "Peleton" in a tri. There were no officials out on the course so if you rode your mo-ped it would have been just fine. I finished the bike in 1.08.44 (not bad for 24.8 miles), got my running shoes on in (.54 sec. #1 time for the women>>>yahoooo). Then... the run. Talk about hot! I ran so slow (50.11) 10k! OUCH. I was very dissapointed at that but I am just glad I survived the heat. I dumped h20 over my head, ran through sprinklers anything to keep me cool. I was way thirsty so I must have been a little dehydrated so I just told myself to not stop and that I was almost there. Crossing the finish line was spectacular! I gave it my final push as they said my name. After that I drank like 3 bottles of water, 1 chocolate milk, 1 gatorade and a partidge in a pear tree>>>>just kidding. It was a great race, I just wanted a top 3 age group finish, instead I took 7th out of 110 in my group. I guess God is keeping me humble. Now I am even more motivated to train harder and get faster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment