Thursday, July 23, 2009

Justin says...

Well, since this is my first ever attempt at this "blog" thing, let me start by talking about some of the other "firsts" I've experienced this year. Where to begin...

How about spandex. Are you kidding me? I thought this sh*% was gone in the 80's, but alas here I am wearing spandex again! The scary thing is that it's almost a daily occurrence anymore.

Tour De France - zzz...zzz...zzz. That's what I used to think. I'm totally addicted. In fact, I never thought I'd be a roadie, but here I am leaving the house at 5:30 AM to "squeeze" in 50 miles before work. 50 miles? By the way, what the he*% am I doing awake at 5:30 in the morning?

Swimming laps. Seriously, could anything be more boring? I mean, we're talking about swimming? It's kind of like AI talking about "practice". "Swimming...we're talking about swimming". I was once told, "...you swim like The Rock". I say, "Really...I didn't know he was a good swimmer". He says..."No...not like The Rock, like A ROCK!" You catch my drift...I'd rather be golfing.

Again, what am I awake at 5:30 in the morning?

Body glide - what is this stuff? I found out in a quick hurry. It's amazing how water seems to wash all the oils off your body when you swim. I found some very interesting places to chafe that I'd rather not relive.

But in all seriousness...what a good time we're having! We've run several marathons, and afterward I've always felt burnt. So tired of just logging mile after mile. And I love to run...

Triathlon, on the other hand, has been completely refreshing. It's almost as if there isn't enough time to get burned out, there is just too much to do.

By the way, it helps to have someone to enjoy the new adventures with. From our first 5K to our first Ironman..."We do things together." Or so I've been told...

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree Justin, you are pretty funny! You two are so great together, and we are so happy you enjoy this passion so much!

    ReplyDelete