Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Here we go...

I never thought that I would ever do a blog. Then again I never thought that I would run a marathon, do a triathlon, or attempt to qualify for Boston. I guess I have changed. At least I have become more open to trying new things, challenging my mind, body, and embracing technology.

I love to train. Whether it be for a short race, long distance or anything in between. This past year it has become my obsession. I cannot seem to get enough! From gear, races, podcasts, to anything and everything related to triathlon. I am on a mission now to complete my first Ironman next fall.I won't be doing this alone but with my best friend, (also known as my husband) Justin. We have been running/training/racing together since we met 9 years ago. We have come along way. Since then we have completed 5ks, 10ks, 15ks, half-marathons, full marathons, sprint triathlons and we will be doing our first Olympic triathlon this weekend. For our anniversary (August 2nd) we will be riding our first Century tour together (Tour de Park City). We are also registered for our first 70.3 triathlon on August 15. Whats left to do? IRONMAN! This blog will be record of our journey to the finish line of an Ironman and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment