Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sandy Classic fourth of July 10k

I just love the month of July. Hot, hot, hot and coupled with our wet spring everything is very green. Its also not surprising that race season is officially in full swing. We have several more races to do and have begun to think of the races we'd like to do in 2011. I try and not get ahead of myself and enjoy the moment but it's fun to think to the future and all the exciting stuff to come. With that, I'm having some confusion. I am a triathlete now but am drawn towards my bike these days. Of course, i should be on my bike at least 3 times per week with my 206 Logan to Jackson ride coming up in September but I'm finding myself drawn to do more tri's than cycling races. Its a matter of what my mind says I "should" do and what my "heart" say I want to do. I should enter the Porcupine Hill climb for next weekend but I'm wanting to do the Echo tri. I think I will do the hill climb (cheaper, closer, shorter) but I can't help to think how much fun Echo would be. Geez, the problems I have! I am just so happy to be able to have these choices. On another note; my mom and I did the Fourth of July road race yesterday (July 3rd) and once again I was the fourth woman overall. This is the 3rd year that I've done it and I end up in fourth every time! Maybe there's secret meaning fourth and fourth of July? Anyways, I held onto third for a long time and was so close to passing the gal in second. She stayed steady and I could not catch her. Out the corner of my eye "long-legged lareux" glides past me and the second place gal. She took second, bummped her into third and left me for fourth. My time 47.27. Not bad and definitely room for improvement. I'll be back next year! I love this race because you get to start out your Fourth of July day with the color guard and the singing of our national anthem. I cry every time knowing that I live in the best country in the world and have the freedom to pursue anything I wish. God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment